These are some of the human and global development issues we care about.
- Women’s Empowerment
- Sustainable Energy
- Social Justice
We vet, partner with and support various non-profits, NGO’s and charities in the countries we visit
- Empowering Women of Nepal
- Save the Children
- Vinali Folk Group
- MADRE – Midwives for Peace
- Children of Peace
- New Hope
- Ibague Children’s Center
- Bridge to Turkiye
We Support – Global Charities
In addition to helping in the countries we visit and travel to, each Meaningful Trip tour also makes a contribution to one or more of our global charities.
- Charity Water – Non-profit bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. 100% of all donations directly fund water projects. www.charitywater.org
- Global Giving – Non-profit that connects donors with grassroots projects around the world. www.globalgiving.org
- Girl Effect – Tapping into the unique potential of 600 million adolescent girls to end poverty for themselves and the world. www.girleffect.org
- Global Fund for Women – Nonprofit grant-making foundation that advances women’s human rights worldwide. www.globalfundforwomen.org
We Support – Domestic Charities
In addition to helping in the countries we visit and travel to, each Meaningful Trip tour also makes a contribution to one or more of our domestic charities.
Feeding America – The nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity; They help provide food to over 37 millions Americans each year. www.feedingamerica.org
Eagle Energy – Promoting affordable, accessible and sustainable lighting options on the Navajo Nation in New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. Many of the 255,000 Navajo’s live in very remote communities, with few employment opportunities, and many struggle to survive in the face of extreme poverty, substandard housing, sporadic medical care, and limited educational opportunities.